The City of Mississauga is supporting local business efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and advance their sustainability goals through the creation of the Mississauga Climate Leaders Program. The Mississauga Climate Leaders Program (MCLP) aims to support local private and public sector leaders committed to measuring and reducing their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and leading Mississauga towards a net zero future.
Delivered by the City of Mississauga in partnership with the Mississauga Board of Trade and Partners in Project Green, the MCLP will provide opportunities for local organizations to promote, develop and advance their sustainability goals through specialized support programs and events. Click here to learn more about the program.
Join us Thursday, June 1st from 8:30am-11:30am for the Program Kick Off Event. See event details below:
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie will outline the City’s commitment to taking meaningful climate action and supporting the business community in transitioning to a net zero economy.
- 4 Local business leaders will discuss initiatives and strategies they are leveraging to build a business case for climate action and sustainability.
- Learn about two new exciting programs offered by the City of Mississauga:
- GHG Emission Reduction Plan Training – Customized program delivered by Enviro Stewards, will help you develop and implement a profitable and practical plan to reduce GHG emissions.
- GHG Emission & Energy Efficiency Site Assessments – Partners in Project Green will coordinate a site walk-through with technical experts to identify opportunities to reduce GHG emissions, save energy and lower costs.
Program delivery consultants Enviro-Stewards and Partners in Project Green will be there to answer any questions.
- Meet with representatives from organizations that can support your GHG reduction, efficiency and sustainability goals. Participants include: Save On Energy, Enbridge Inc., Greening Corporate Grounds, Region of Peel Water Efficiency, Efficiency Capital and others.
Spaces are limited, so please sign up now at your earliest convenience. Light refreshments and drinks will be served.