Every business will have different staffing requirements. Looking at your sales forecast will help predetermine your staffing needs. When hiring employees, business owners must consider how they will recruit employees, what payroll costs they need to pay, and what associated labour regulations they are required to follow.
Determine Your Business Staffing Requirements
- How many employees do you need to hire?
- What are the skills and talents required? How often will they need to work?
- What staffing costs are associated with hiring these employees?
- What labour regulations need to be considered and followed?
- How will you manage and report payroll deductions?
- Are there any government funding or incentives for hiring?
Staffing Requirements – Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions – Starting a Small Business
- 10 Steps to Starting a Business – Infographic
- Employment Standards – minimum wage, vacation, holidays, standard and overtime hours
- How to make Workplaces Accessible
- Employers Guide – Payroll Deductions and Remittances
- Hiring and Training Incentives for Employers [Ontario.ca]
Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC)
Whether you are starting or growing your business, we can help! MBEC is your central source for small business information, resources and guidance. We’ll answer your questions about registering and starting a new business, preparing a business plan, taxes, government regulations, available government programs and much more! If you have a question, or would like to contact us, please submit an inquiry or visit the MBEC office at the Mississauga Central Library (4th Floor).