Develop Your Business Plan
The success of your business depends on your clear vision of the future. A business plan is a written document to help map out the vision of your business during start-up and a valuable reference document when operating and/or expanding your business. Your business plan is essential if you are seeking funding, to rent or lease a location and by many suppliers and potential customers. It will also help you identify goals, needed resources and employees as you grow your business.
Business plans are a recognized management tool used by successful and/or prospective businesses of all sizes to document business objectives and to propose how these objectives will be attained within a specific period of time.
What to include in your business plan
- Your business proposal – i.e. name of business, description of what you are offering, who is your customer, what is your plan for growth
- Your unique selling proposition – i.e. how will you compete, what is the value you will offer your customers
- Market Research
- Analysis of your competition
- Organizational structure – i.e. who is involved with the business and their roles
- Human Resources – i.e. employees to hire
- Premises and capital investment – i.e. location requirements, equipment
- Key financial data
- Legal structure
- Executive summary
Develop your Business Plan – Frequently Asked Questions
Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC)
Whether you are starting or growing your business, we can help! MBEC is your central source for small business information, resources and guidance. We’ll answer your questions about registering and starting a new business, preparing a business plan, taxes, government regulations, available government programs and much more! If you have a question, or would like to contact us, please submit an inquiry or visit the MBEC office at the Mississauga Central Library (4th Floor).