Choose Your Business Location
Choosing the the right location for your business will depend on the type of business you plan to operate. For some entrepreneurs working from a home office is an option when starting their business. For retail, or those operating in the food service industry, there are a number of requirements to consider. It is important to review the regulations and needs of your business, and outline them in your business plan, to determine the right location.
Questions to consider when choosing your business location.
- Will clients visit your business on a regular basis? i.e. to purchase product or services
- Is my location accessible for my clients? i.e. parking, conveniently located, etc.
- Does my location follow accessibility regulations?
- Will you prepare and/or serve food?
- Are you selling online? i.e. e-commerce
- Is your location require any permits or operating licenses?
Choose your Business Location – Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions – Starting a Small Business
- 10 Steps to Starting a Business – Infographic
Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC)
Whether you are starting or growing your business, we can help! MBEC is your central source for small business information, resources and guidance. We’ll answer your questions about registering and starting a new business, preparing a business plan, taxes, government regulations, available government programs and much more! If you have a question, or would like to contact us, please submit an inquiry or visit the MBEC office at the Mississauga Central Library (4th Floor).