Partnership Opportunity with Toyota Tsusho Canada Inc.
The City of Mississauga Economic Development Office is working with Toyota Tsusho Canada Inc. (TTCI) to provide qualified companies the opportunity to grow by partnering with TTCI and its global operations. Toyota Tsusho is looking to invest in long-term partnerships with flexible investment structures that work for both you and Toyota Tsusho. Examples of these investments that Toyota Tsusho have recently made include IP ownership in smart food packaging research; taking an equity stake in a mobility as a service company; providing convertible notes and obtaining exclusive sales rights for a de-icing technology company. You will have the opportunity to meet with Toyota Tsusho representatives and pitch your business case to explore a long-term partnership with them.
How you can benefit:
- Further manufacturing capability
- Export your product to other jurisdictions
- Access Toyota’s global supply chain and global market expertise
You may qualify for the opportunity to pitch your case to Toyota Tsusho if you are:
- Headquartered in Mississauga
- Developing or scaling innovations in the following sectors:
- Carbon Capture or Carbon Neutrality
- Electrification and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Components
- Innovative Electronics and Autonomous Tech
- Collaborative Robots, Automation, and IoT Solutions for Manufacturing/Smart Factories
- New Recycling Processes (eg. Closed Loop Systems and Plastics)
Six companies have already pitched in July after receiving pitch preparation sessions. These companies are now in follow-up conversations with TTCI representatives to further explore the partnership opportunity. Don’t miss out again, submit the form below for the opportunity to connect with a global company!
“The Mississauga Innovation Team is highly professional and very helpful for small companies and start-ups. The pitch opportunity to Toyota Tsusho that they facilitated has been an absolute game changer for our company.”
– Dr. Talib Janabi, Xiera Technologies Inc.
Please complete the form below if you are interested in collaborating with Toyota Tsusho. A member of the City of Mississauga Economic Development Team will be in touch with next steps should you meet the eligibility criteria. Only eligible companies will be contacted.
Application Deadline: September 23, 11:59pm.