Are you an Entrepreneur interested in learning how to use LinkedIn to grow your business?
In this webinar, learn how to create a professional LinkedIn profile. Discover best practices and strategies to build, connect, and engage with your LinkedIn community.
VIDEO: Leveraging LinkedIn to Grow your Business
- Presentation MBEC Intro & Speaker Bio
- 2:26 Agenda
- 3:32 Digital Marketing 7-Step Overview
- 4:43 How do you know if LinkedIn is right for your business?
- 8:04 What audience is on LinkedIn
- 8:55 What are your goals?
- 10:05 What is thought leadership?
- 11:05 Setting up your Profile: Checklist, Settings & Privacy
- 12:11 Photo & cover image
- 13:36 Custom profile URL
- 14:22 Open to opportunities & summary
- 16:26 Feature section
- 17:02 Dashboard, education, experience
- 18:43 Skills & Endorsement
- 19:36 Recommendations
- 22:09 Content: How to add content/update status – mobile & new features
- 24:29 Writing a long article
- 25:56 Stories
- 30:00 Live events
- 31:10 Company Page: Set-up, examples, content, resources
- 41:47 The difference between your professional profile & your company page
- 46:16 Content Engagement
- 47:22 Etiquette
- 48:00 Guidelines
- 48:57 During a Crisis
Paused for 2 minutes of Silence – Remembrance Day 11day/11month/11hour
- 50:37 Content Ideas
- 51:57 Content Inspiration
- 52:58 Content Influencers – examples & strategy
- 55:00 Advertising
- 56:34 Building your Network – overview & agenda
- 58:12 Offline – online tips
- 59:50 Connect – step-by-step guide using LinkedIn
- 1:00:30 Hashtags
- 1:01:06 Company Search as a way to find connections
- 1:03:30 Groups
1:04:56 Import/Export contacts
- 1:06:50 Direct Messages – examples & what’s new
- 1:09:53 Upgrade to paid version – options
- 1:11:15Linkedin.com/sales/ssi – account performance check
- 1:12:07 Scheduling posts – e.g. Hootsuite
- 1:14:04 Learning & resources
- 1:15:12 Key Takeaways
- 1:21:48 BONUS – how to use the mobile app when networking in person
This webinar was hosted by the City of Mississauga and presented by Laura Dunkley, Digital Marketing Consultant at the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC).