Need to get your online business up and running?
Since the beginning of the global pandemic, online sales have doubled. Now is the perfect time to kick start or transform your online business and take it to the next level. During this webinar, learn about the various e-commerce platforms and which one is best suited for your business, how to use e-commerce to optimize sales and what it takes to get your e-commerce business up and running. Join Sean Stephens, CEO of Treefrog, as he shares his beginner’s crash course on getting started with e-commerce.
Sean Stephens | CEO, Treefrog Inc.
Sean launched into the world of the web in 1997 when dot-coms were plentiful, and the rules were changing daily. He immersed himself in the technology of websites and servers, databases, and programming languages. In 2001, Sean moved into his current role as CEO of Treefrog Inc.
Sean is an active speaker and regularly speaks to groups about various subjects relating to Internet technologies. Drawing on his diverse background, technical knowledge, and creativity, Sean puts practical tips and ideas forward to help people learn how to grow their business.
VIDEO: Getting Started with E-Commerce
- Welcome & Intro (MBEC) Speaker Intro – 1:10
- Presentation Intro – 2:20
- What is digital transformation (at Treefrog) – 7:35
- Why e-Commerce? 13:02
- Retail Apocalypse – Trends & Statistics – 13:39
- The Threat of Amazon & an e-Commerce example – 15:23
- What are your top goals? 18:15
- Types of Businesses & What is e-Commerce? – 19:02
- What is digital marketing? & Building your Brand – 22:00
- What do you need to know about website building – 23:57
- Clients = People & Your audience – 14:11
- Journey Mapping – 28:39
- Behavioural cycle & Marketing Funnel – 30:26
- Follow-through, process & workflow architecture – 32:57
- Emotional “brand” Experience – 35:20
- Website design, Ranking/SEO 39:20
- E-Commerce Platforms Overview – Wix, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento & more – 44:40
- Shipping, Taxes & Drop Shipping – 1:02:25
- Walk-through – Starting an e-Commerce Drop Shipping Website – 1:05:35
- The Next Stuff – customer feedback, cross-selling, referrals, and more – 1:19:27
- Closing & Q/A – 1:24
This webinar was hosted by the City of Mississauga, Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC).