Small Business Websites 101 – Jul 4
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure.
- What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
- How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
- What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
- How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
- How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
- What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Corporate Event Centre at CHSI – 5110 Creekbank Road Conference Room West Mississauga, ON L4W 0A1