Ask the Experts: Legal Session – May 27
Ask the Experts: Legal Session
Kevin Fernandes, a lawyer at Keyser Mason Ball, LLP, will be presenting on the corporate/commercial impacts of COVID-19 on business owners, including but not limited to:
- Working with commercial landlords and the payment/deferral of rent;
- An overview of relief programs offered by the federal and provincial government and their private sector partners;
- “Force majeure” and other exit clauses in contracts and transaction documentation;
- Business opportunities arising out of the pandemic – red flags and key considerations; and
- Corporate legal items to address during the economic downturn.
This Ask the Expert webinar is hosted by the City of Mississauga’s Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre. The information provided in this webinar is delivered by Keyser Mason Ball, LLP and is intended as general legal information only, and is not legal advice or a complete statement of the law on the particular topics. Every situation is unique and involves specific legal issues. It is recommended that you contact a legal professional if you would like legal advice with respect to the topics discussed in this presentation. The views and opinions expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter and do not reflect those of the City of Mississauga.
Date: May 27
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Location: Online (webinar)
You will receive your webinar login information by email prior to the event.
Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC), Economic Development, Small Business & Entrepreneurship Division, City of Mississauga, is your central source for small business information, resources and guidance. mississauga.ca/mbec 905-615-4460
@MississaugaEDO – Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
This event is hosted by the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre